Enough of the chatter - what can you do? I have a list of items that are always welcome. I'll add items occasionally but my hope is that this will be a good guideline for you to start with. Have questions? Please don't hesitate to ask! Meanwhile, here it is:
- Socks (don't need to be new but they do need to be clean and without holes)
- Body/Hair Wash
- Gloves (especially larger sizes)
- Hand warmer packets
- Prepackaged, non-perishable foods (granola, energy bars, etc.)
- Individual packets of coffee or hot cocoa
- Gift certificates to McDonald's, Subway, Dunkin Donuts in small denominations
- 1-day Bus Pass
- Financial Donations (see the Paypal link on the Magnanimous Beauty main page)
- TIME - this is the very best gift you can give of all. If you would like to do so, come downtown with me, meet some of the street people, sit with them a while and let them talk. This is the thing I am thanked for the most.
Sometimes people like to walk with me to meet the homeless in the city. It's a heartbreaking yet heartwarming, perspective-changing experience. Children are welcome (with accountable adult) as long as they're at least 10 years of age. I try to go weekly - sometimes (due to scheduling conflicts) I only go every other week. Occasionally, I'm out twice a week. No matter what, though, I go out all year round and you're welcome to join me!