Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ronnie


Ronnie is one of the more charismatic guys on the street. Quick to smile, friendly and helpful, he's usually running around making sure everyone's got what they need when I come around with my pink bags. He'll stop what he's doing and pray for anyone, too. I get the impression that he's kind of the surrogate big brother to a lot of the other folks. I don't know much of his own story yet but he's a father of two kids and his brother, Tyrone, is also on the streets.

You know, Ronnie is the first person I ever met who asked me for deodorant and toothpaste when I asked him what I could bring that would help. I didn't have any with me when he asked but I promised him I'd be back with the requested items. You should have seen the way his eyes lit up when I showed up the following weekend with his requested items AND a toothbrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment